Re: REB: Belvi Queen

  • Subject: Re: REB: Belvi Queen
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:10:49 -0400

Well, I guess that answers the question - it's not fertility problems!

Might be worth re-trying every decade or so <g>? New stuff to work with...

If I had the material to work with (& the info), I'd try to find
something with "summer" rebloom, width, substance, height (registered
at least 36"), bloom size, thick stalks, and most important of all,
<uniformity> of children/ancestors with those traits. BQ has the bud
count to compensate if needed. Worry about color later.

TREASURED might work, if only it rebloomed! I don't know about
uniformity, but it has improved form/width on some slightly retro
crosses (HoM, IMMxCSONG kids).

Plant those seeds, Margie!

Speaking of tough old things, AUTUMN TWILIGHT is blooming now, with a
bunch more stalks coming along. Poor thing nearly died during the two
years of drought but has apparently loved cooler temps, weeds, and
constant showers this summer. Bunch of seedlings from it X RENOWN - no
sign of bloom, in the yard out of the weeds, but too much shade?
Expecting <ugly>!

<Second and third generations weren't much better. gave up on it about
a decade ago. Mike>

Linda Mann
east TN