Re: ?? Renown closeups

  • Subject: Re: ?? Renown closeups
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:00:48 -0400

<<you got a pink seedling from it?>>

I didn't see pink in any of them.

I don't want another search for "the real" RENOWN! The one in the
picture is the one I got from Ginn in 2005. She was a bit insulted
when I asked if she was sure it was RENOWN. (before she sent it.)

The one I got from Tony had more of the oyster shell look that Lloyd
described. It was short with bad branching and a bit narly. It's the
one I used on the crosses pictured today.

The DRINKS @ SUNSET cross is with the one Ginny sent. The one in the
picture. This iris looks too tall and too strong and too modern!
(compared to the other one) However, it looks much like the seedling

I still have what I got from Tony. It's now three clumps in S2B2.
Don't remember it blooming last year. If it turns out to truly be
DIFFERENT . . . I think I'll dig both bunches and pitch it!.