Re: PhotoTB:Finish Line (Maybe)
  • Subject: Re: PhotoTB:Finish Line (Maybe)
  • From: "Brock Heilman" <brockheilman@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 17:03:36 -0000

Sorry Linda, but I'm not familiar with the variety. I did want to say that I wouldn't rely too heavily on the absence of appendages as an identifying factor. They are so unreliable and so variable here. I've yet to see a single flounce on 'Mesmerizer', but I've seen them on 'Thornbird'.

Also, I don't know if petaloids are the correct term. Jill Copeland has told me in the past that petaloids are petals that develop from other flower parts, not appendages on beards. i.e. the stamens on all of my 6F JIs turned to petaloids this year.

Just some thoughts worth approximately two cents! Good luck on your identity quest.