Re: RE: rebloomers
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: RE: rebloomers
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:54:56 -0400 (EDT)

Char,

Miracle Grow is okay as long as you are careful.  I put the container in line between sections of the hose.  I never water in noon day heat or any time the temperatures are over ninety degrees.  In rebloom beds I try to use Miracle Grow once just at the end of regular bloom season and then about 6 weeks later.  Follow container instructions about soil conditions etc..  I usually let the hose run for a few minutes after the water turns clear just to make sure I don't over do it.  I have scattered summer & Sept rebloom, in those beds, now despite the record breaking summer heat.  No rot.
<<I almost had a heart attack when they told me they had done a miracle grow with their hose.>>
Clarence Mahan once wrote (Recorder) about the great rebloom they experienced one fall after Suky gave the rebloomers foliar spray nearly every day.  She was spraying other plants and would empty the remaining mixture from the container on the irises.   Not sure of exact mixture.

Betty W.