Re: Increase traffic at Iris Sales!
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Increase traffic at Iris Sales!
  • From: sdayres2@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:51:39 EDT

Interesting idea.  Might have to try Craig's List next time.  Why couldn't you told me this last week?  It is too late for Mesilla Valley Iris Society.  Our sale started yesterday and ends today.   It looks like it might be one for the record books.  I wrote and article for the newspaper (on SDBs).    They put it on page 2 of the Mi Casa section.  It generated a lot of traffic.  We also put a list, plus thumbnails pictures on the web site.   People come in looking for specific Irises they saw on the web site.

Next year, I will have to try Craig's list.  I can put the URL for the sale on the advertisement and redirect people to the picture list.

Thanks for the idea.

Scarlett

P.S.  It was funny.  The newspaper editor changed hybridizers to hybrids.  So to all you hybrids out there, keep sending in those photos!