Re: HYB: seedling rebloom
  • Subject: Re: HYB: seedling rebloom
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 06:49:51 -0400

Fall pollen is giving me attitude..:-(

I'd introduce it because it reblooms with trigger in hot weather, is
different from the available 'reliable' rebloomers in this climate. I
think. Light veins on dark falls, tangerine factor. And because I'm
starting to realize how difficult it is to breed reliable rebloomers in
our climate.

I'm hesitant because it's not 'perfect' enough to suit me - falls not as
wide as I'd like, hafts messier than I'd like, although stripey hafts
seem to go with the light rims on just about everything, including the
latest and greatest oncers, hasn't rebloomed every year here. Some
folks wouldn't like that it's pretty much a single bud socketed
sequential bloomer rather than opening three buds at once show bench
iris, but that's not a fault to me. Substance seems pretty good, but
blooms don't last as long as I'd like.

Main issue is that I'd prefer my first introductions to be closer to
perfect ;-)

> Maybe it's me. You almost sound like you don't really like this iris much. You sound like someone's holding a gun to your head to intro this iris.
> So, why exactly is it that you want to intro it again?

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7