[PHOTO] HIST: Old Local MTB | Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:11:46" />

This old local MTB (and an old local Aphylla) were the first
irises that I grew. This iris was found growing in sod
uncultivated for many years at an abandoned homestead a mile
away from here. I've seen it several places still being grown in
this area. 60 miles east of here there is a similar old iris still
in cultivation, only it is slightly taller and the falls a lighter
red in color.

This old MTB finishes blooming just after my TBs have finished
blooming. It is 14" - 16" tall. It's hard to get a shot of an
individual blossom, as the stems usually produce gobs of blossoms
close together. This iris has never produced seed pods, here.

Dan Mason   zone 3, NW Ontario

Free Conference Calling with Firetalk!
Click Here!

Binary data