1708-3

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos]1708-3
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:11:05 EDT

This is a seedling just blooming.  It's interesting for several reasons.

This is from SWEET MUSETTE X MEMPHIS MISS.  SM has rebloomed in CA and Australia.  MM is from PRESENCE X PINK ATTRACTION.  (hasn't rebloomed)

This cross was made in 2002 and I was only able to save ONE seedling.  Posted a picture earlier in the season.  I didn't throw the pots away, and, in the summer of 2005, three more seedlings sprouted.  Third year sprouts.  They were moved to 12 inch pots.  All three have bloomed this spring.  This one has 3 stalks and purple spaths.

This is my favorite of the potted ones.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives