Soil mix

Hello this is Brain Williams. I would like to know from the people who grow
some nice size plants what are the best soil mixes to use. I have been using
a soil mix of one part long fiber sphagnum moss. One part potting soil, and
one part mini pine nuggets. This seems good for the Anthuriums and
philodendrons but what about the Amorphophallus and other strange aroids. I
have heard form using just rocks to using leafs. What is best?  I like a lot
of others have had problems with rot. Especially with Amorphophallus.
  Also would it be better for me to take the bulbs out of the pots in the
winter and store in side were they will be drier? When should watering start?
THANKS hope to hear some good information on this.