Re: Fw: Anthurium seedlings & fungicides

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Anthurium seedlings & fungicides
  • From: Aroideae@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:54:02 -0500 (CDT)

hello jay,

i spray my anthurium seedlings weekly/weakly.  i use 2 tsp. per gallon of
Physan (or RD 20).  it's also important that you feed them once they've
germinated.  this seems to keep them healthy.  i use 1/2 strength water
soluble fertilizer, Watch-us-Grow (8-8-8) making sure to water with plain
water in between feedings.  hope this helps!

  Howdy All:

 I was wondering whether the group cud give me their input on what
 fungicides I shud use on newly-germinated Anthurium seedlings. Have just
 "hatched" several batches of species on shredded treefern under clear
 plastic domes.

 I know, I'm a masochist for not using sphagnum but I wanted to try this
 material). They all look good so far but the medium requires daily
 wetting, hence I'm somewhat concerned that sooner or later "damping off"
 may rear its loathsome visage.

  Fire at will...

  Jay P. >>