Re: Anthurium divisions?

hi paul,

yes, this technique usually works very well on anthuriums.  i usually take
the original pot, after making the top cutting, and put it in a sealed
plastic bag in the shade until new growth is initiated.  this works well for
me.  the point is to keep the humidity up without additional watering, to
prevent root rot.

good luck,
lynn

<< Hi my name is paul and im new to this forum. Please excuse me if this is a
 newbie question but i purchased an Anthurium pedatoradiatum(i bet i messed
 up) and it has a fairly long "rhizome" with plenty of roots. I paid  what i
 would consider a little hefty but because i had never seen it before i got
 it. anyways i was wondering if i can divide the rhizome and have it put out
 another plant. i only thought of this because for some reason my main plant
 of Anthurium christallinum died but put out many side shoots. just a thought
 to get more from my money..thanks in advance for any advice. >>