Anthurium divisions?

Hi my name is paul and im new to this forum. Please excuse me if this is a
newbie question but i purchased an Anthurium pedatoradiatum(i bet i messed
up) and it has a fairly long "rhizome" with plenty of roots. I paid  what i
would consider a little hefty but because i had never seen it before i got
it. anyways i was wondering if i can divide the rhizome and have it put out
another plant. i only thought of this because for some reason my main plant
of Anthurium christallinum died but put out many side shoots. just a thought
to get more from my money..thanks in advance for any advice.

Paul Marcellini
Miami, Fl zone 10