Re: Anthurium divisions?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Anthurium divisions?
  • From: "Don Bittel" <dbittel@treco.net>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:42:07 -0500 (CDT)

   Are you sure that pedato-radiatum is synonamous with clavigerum? My
pedatos have smaller leaves, upright inflorescences, and the leaf segments
are always joined at the base.  The clavigerums are much different, getting
huge leaves to 6 feet across, have long hanging inflorescences that
resemble something from a donkey, and the leaf segments are almost
completely free at the base. I have bought clavigerum under several names
that all grow up to be clavigerum. But pedato-radiatum has never grown up
to be clavigerum.
   I have also crossed pedato-radiatum with watermaliense, and vice versa.
The hybrids come out fantastic. But I have never been successful with a
clavigerum/ watermaliense cross. Any ideas?