Re: Hybrids

Eduardo and all Aroiders,

certainly mother nature admits natural hybrids in the course of
evolution to create new plants which will adopt to a (new) niche, to
substitute less vigorous species, or to climatical etc. changes and
so on.
BUT I doubted that an A. titanum will ever have the chance to cross
with an A. konjac for example, or even two species growing in the
same habitat but with different flowering times.

In my opinion "artificial" (=human made) hybridization is simply
against nature. However I have it clear, that on even crossing two
clones from a single species in cultivation the result might be called
artificial ...

Just don' t see a point why human beings should "improve" plants in
only few years what nature has developed in millions of years ... I
enjoy nature the way it is and so hopefully my children will have the
opportunity ...

To all a nice weekend,

Bjørn Malkmus