Re: Fw: Anthurium seedlings & fungicides

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Anthurium seedlings & fungicides
  • From: "Bonaventure W Magrys" <magrysbo@shu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:39:33 -0500 (CDT)

Anyone try using Hydrogen peroxide @ 3% or a further diluted solution?
Bonaventure

Denis <denis@skg.com> on 04/26/2000 05:53:51 PM
Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

To:  Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
cc:  (bcc: Bonaventure W Magrys/ADM/SHU)

Jay:

I have had good success using a disinfectant called Zerotol on my
seedling area. Basically just a Hydrogen peroxide type material. There
are also packaged mixes of benefical soil microbes to spray on to or mix
into soil mixes which compete with the harmful fungi in the soil. But
since you are not using a potting mix, just shredded treefern I am not
sure how effective those would be. There are now a whole new host of
fungicides out in the prodfessional market place available to be used
some very broad spectrum which could be used. I'm not sure if you have
access to Agricultural chemical suppliers. Let me know.

Denis at Silver Krome Gardens