Alocasia & Anthurium

Dear aroiders,

Firstly a request and then an offer:

The request is for an identification. I purchased yesterday an unnamed,
beautiful Alocasia. It has a patterned stem like A. zebrina but the
arrow-shaped leaves are plain green with bold white veins and scalloped
margins. I think it might be A. micholitziana but the leaves on my plant
point vertically and the only picture I have seen of that species seemed to
show the leaves bending down at right angles to the stem like most other
Alocasia species. Any suggestions? I will try and get a pic on the web
a.s.a.p.

The offer: my plant of Anthurium scandens var leucodendron has long spikes of
beautiful white berries; it is a very vigorous and healthy clone. I expect
most of the US growers have this plant already but maybe others of you out
there in Aroid land would like some? I will be happy to send seed to anyone
who asks, be patient since it takes a while to clean and wash the seed, wrap
in damp tissue and pack in padded envelopes etc. Also my A. trinerve is berrie
d up again, deep lavendar-violet berries. No charge of course but if you have
any interesting aroid seeds to offer let me know. Particularly keen on
Anthuriums and Amorphophallus but will try almost anything (e.g. I am trying
to find Remusatia with no success)! Reply to my email for seeds not the List
please.

Was in Amorphophallus heaven yesterday at Kew Gardens, lots of species in
flower including the largest flower of A. bulbifer I have ever seen (spathe
around 12ins), didnt realise they could get that big!

Regards to all,
Geoffrey Kibby
Geoffaroid@aol.com
43 Keevil Drive