Re: amorph hybrids.

In a message dated Thu, 27 Apr 2000  6:32:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mb.cfg@mindspring.com writes:

<< To any and all,

I ask the following question strictly out of curiousity,
not attempting to imply any particular direction of thought:

Isn't it possible that some of the existing "known" species, or so-called
"undetermined" species, are possibly natural hybrids??

They may well be.  Such hybrids are known in other families, e.g.,
Brassicaceae, Rosaceae, even some ferns.  Now my own curiosity is piqued: I
have heard of hybrids between genera in orchids (e.g., Sophrolaeliocattleya
is a hybrid of three orchid genera), and am wondering if any such have been
made among aroids.

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large