Re: Hybrids

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Hybrids
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@execpc.com>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:52:04 -0500 (CDT)

I've often joked with friends that the difference in smell between
the flower of my Amorphophallus konjac and Typhonium (=Sauromatum)
gutattum is like the difference between cat <excriment> and dog
<excriment>.   In nature, parasites are often quite species specific
and it should come as no surprise that there might be differences in
preferences of the type of <excriment> in which insects may lay their
eggs.  Perhaps there is some type of species-specific mimicry at work
here.

--
Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin