Re: Colocasia kotoensis

In a message dated 3/31/01 1:59:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hetter@worldonline.nl writes:

<< this species was
 reclassified into Schismatoglottis. So the name is Schismatoglottis
 kotoensis. >>

Okay, that makes sense.  On the same island lives a Schismatoglottis
calyptrata, which both looks rather different and has a different habitat.  I
could not for the life of me imagine how a species so different from C.
esculenta could be the same genus.  If you do find that revision, please let
me know.

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large