Tokyo, from Hiroki Miyazaki

[For some reason the list processor rejected this message from Hiroki as
having already been processed, so I am resending it - Steve.]

> I'll be in Tokyo next week.  While the cherry blossoms will probably provide
> the main diversion,

Prunus x subhirtella in full blossom now, and P. x yedoensis will be in
bloom soon.
At Shinzyuku-gyoen Park,about 75 species and cultivariety are planted.
The arboretum we look at a lot of kinds of cherry blossoms is
Tama-sinrin-kagakuen,it take one hour from Tokyo by train. At there we
look 250 variety of cherry blossoms.

I wondered if there are any gardens/conservatories of
> aroid interest there?

  There is a large collection of tropical plants at Atagawa Tropical &
Alligator Garden. It takes 2 houres from Tokyo. About 250
varieties(species and cvs) of aroids we look at.
  Arisaema spp. flowers come out near the end of this month in the field.

Hiroki Miyazaki (Nagoya, Japan)