Amorph. breaking dormancy.

Hello Aroiders,
This is my first posting to the group and I would like to start with
thanking everyone who has shown great kindness and help in my quest for
aroids,
Steve Marak, Grant long, Geoffrey Kibby, Reggie Whitehead, Fausto, Bjorn and
Wilbert.   Thanks very much to you all for everything.
Now my question:   I have over the last few months bought, borrowed and
begged a small collection of Amorphophallus and other aroids.   Many of the
little tubers are now breaking dormancy, with growth just starting from the
buds.   When is the best time to plant these?  Now or when the growths are a
little larger, and how moist do they need to be for optimum conditions?

Thanks in advance,
Tony Orpin
nb please note my change of e-mail address.
antony.orpin@btinternet.com