Re: Oh NO! Spider Mites!

Desert conditions can be conducive to horticultural amendments. I hear from
orchid growers out there that evaporative coolers work very efficiently due
to the very dry outdoor air. It is possible, with heavy shading and an
ample supply of water for the cooling pads, to grow cloud forest and
montane species.
Bonaventure Magrys
Cliffwood Beach, NJ

"Nyles" <metopium@hotmail.com>@mobot.org on 04/20/2001 01:53:07 PM

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org

To:   Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>

Subject:  Re: Oh NO! Spider Mites!

Thanks to all that helped with my spider mite problem!

I tried to raise the humidity, as I do every year. In fact the "skunk
cabbages" are all sitting on trays of water since winter ended, and getting
misted regularly.

I guess you just can't fight the Arizona desert without a greenhouse.

I'm going to give in this year on my "eco-groovy" philosophy and go for the
big guns.
I'm off to get some Pentac.

Many thanks to all!