Re: Dormant Alocasias, Colocasias

  • Subject: Re: Dormant Alocasias, Colocasias
  • From: "Derek Burch" <derek@horticulturist.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:25:39 -0500 (CDT)

My experience, which only just departs from the anecdotal, although I use it
as a demonstration in propagation class, is that it assists breaking
dormancy of the undeground structures if you carefully peel back the dry and
colored scales immediately around the terminal bud. The exposed greenish
tissue seems to be stimulated into growing out its bud  etc.