A questain about Titans

The Amorphophallus titanum coming into bloom at Fairchild Tropical Garden is
"Mr. Stinky", the same tuber that first bloomed in 1998.

My Garden's director and our Marketing department has asked me if any other
Titan tuber has bloomed a second time. I don't actually know. Surely those
in Europe have bloomed repeatedly. I thought that perhaps the second
blooming at Atlanta might have been a repeat, but the information I looked
up on the internet wasn't clear if it was the same plant or another one.

*from the ABG web site - "RARE: This species has previously flowered only 10
times in the U.S. during the past century, and only three Botanical Gardens
worldwide have ever brought a second plant into flower. The first-ever bloom
in Georgia took place at the Atlanta Botanical Garden in July, 1998. This
extraordinary second bloom is due in large part to the efforts of the
Conservatory staff that nurtures the plant."

If anyone has any information I love to hear about it.

Also, after the Titan blooming here in 1999 with "Alice the Amorphophallus"
I was a little titaned out, and I haven't kept up with the numerical order
of the blooming (11th... 12th...?) in the USA. Atlanta said theirs second
one was 10th. Have there been others since?

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road
Coral Gables(Miami), Florida, USA  33156-4296
Tel. 305-667-1651 ext. 3320
Fax 305-661-8953
e-mail callen@fairchildgarden.org
web: www.ftg.org