RE: Soil mix!!

  • Subject: RE: Soil mix!!
  • From: "Cooper, Susan L." <SLCooper@scj.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 19:08:46 -0600 (CST)

That sounds good.  I tend to add more and more perlite to my mixes as I tend
to overwater a lot.
If you look at the archives there have been a lot of discussions on soil
I would like to find a commercial mix that has a bit of wood mulch or leaf
mulch in it.  I notice that the plants I buy have a peat/sand/ organic
matter composition that you just don't see in the commercial potting mixes.

 I think that I should create a blend or
mix , with other ingredients too, like , Peat moss , and coarse sand, and
Perlite or other, to lighten the mix a little bit more. Any thoughts. angel