Re: Soil mix!!

  • Subject: Re: Soil mix!!
  • From: angel morales <angel151@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:54:39 -0600 (CST)

Hmmm, I thought the same thing about Perlite: it has a tendency to float up
to the top of my pots too, which I don't like, as the pots then look like
there is some kind of fungal growth on them as a result. Just the other day,
I rescued a syngonium, from a plant store that wasn't paying much attention
to the health of the plant , and the plant was languishing in some poor
state. At any rate, I did buy the plant and thought, that this plant might
be suffering from some blight, of a fungal nature, as the floating perlite
particles at the time , were not identified by me, to be that of perlite.
Well, needless to say, after rinsing off all soil from the root ball, and
repotting in a fresh soil mix, with perlite added to the mix, the floating
particles did once again appear before me, at the top of the pot , and were
correctly identified as perlite ; took this much to learn that they don't
always stay in the actual mix , and do tend to float up to the tops of pots
 thanks angel