Re: Anthurium questions

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium questions
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:14:19 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Adam Black <epiphyte1@earthlink.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 11:30 PM
Subject: Anthurium questions

Dear Adam,

It may be of help to know that I saw a species of Cochliostema with the most
beautiful sprays of BLUE flowers growing oin the 'Y`s' of trees just like a
Bromeliad near Lago Agrio in E. Ecuador where their leaves acted much like a
litter basket, collecting falling debris from the canopy.    I was very
taken by their beauty!   I`d grow them in a loose, well draining medium in a
hanging basket.   I also saw them being grown VERY well at Selby Bot. Garden
in W. Florida, maybe someone there who may be lurking on this list may give
us some pointers??

>>Not an aroid question, but I would like to hear from anyone (off list,
of course) who has experience growing and propagating the beautiful
bromeliad-like Cochliostema sp.

Adam Black