Re: Anthurium questions

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium questions
  • From: Neil Carroll <zzamia@hargray.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:08:03 -0500 (CDT)

http://www.aroid.org/genera/Anthurium/belolonchium/rzedow.html
-

Adam, Try the above link...it will take you to the original discription of
the below anth.

> I bought a neat little Anthurium over the weekend at Tropiflora labeled
> Anthurium rezedolskii.

> will try to borrow the digital camera from work this weekend and will
> email photos to anyone who wants to try to identify it visually,
> assuming this is an incorrect name.

I would be interested to see if this is the same species as in Croat's
discription.I would be interested in
the photo.

I believe Anth. faustinomirandae might be what we used to call
Xanthosomafolia. A giant cordate leaved mexican speices with really thick
leaves.

> Another Anthurium I saw there, but did not buy was labeled Anthurium
> faustinomirandae

> One other question: Is Anthurium radicans apomictic?

I have never had it set seeds without pollination.

Neil