Re: Howsmall is big enough?

  • Subject: Re: Howsmall is big enough?
  • From: "Randall M. Story" <story@caltech.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:17:26 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Mitch,

This is EXACTLY the sort of information I think a lot of us are looking for
and is so hard to come by!  So I guess a reasonable statement for A. konjac
would be something like: blooming size is highly variable, at least 4 inches
diameter, usually bigger.

I did see advertised on E-bay a couple weeks ago a blooming (not fully
opened) A. konjac (correctly identified??) from a 3 inch tuber.  And
currently there is a 3 inch tuber for sale on Ebay--I have no plans to bid
on this and do not wish to give the seller free advertising, but it might be
of general interest for people to know how close this is to blooming size.

By the way Mitch, the >4 inch A. konjac tuber I bought from you is just now
breaking dormancy and is looking great!  I should emphasize that you, unlike
many people, are very good about making clear whether or not your tubers are
"blooming size"!

Oh, and we all enjoyed your comical Ebay auctions--the tuber drinking beer,
etc.! These were mentioned here on April 1st by Susan Cooper--and were real
auctions despite the date of the posting!

Thanks and I hope to get more responses like this!

Randy