Re: Dead Horses?

  • Subject: Re: Dead Horses?
  • From: Alektra@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:50:22 -0500 (CDT)

Very sorry about the accidental quote-only mail I just sent...

I was only going to comment briefly that the species name "musciverous"
suggests the meaning "musky"... and if an aroid smells strongly enough to be
called musky in contrast to other aroids, well...

I'm not good enough with my Latin to know if that really IS what it means
(lots of people have made mistakes with plausible etymologies before, and I'm
one of them), but it certainly sounds plausible.