Re: Dead Horses?

  • Subject: Re: Dead Horses?
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:53:26 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: James W. Waddick <jwaddick@kc.rr.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 3:04 PM
Subject: Dead Horses?

Dear Jim,

Watch out for flocks of vultures circling over your home, hoards of large
flesh-flies enveloping your entire green-house, and crowds of caped and
hooded neighbors with torches, clubs  and pitch-forks screaming at and
beating down your door!  :--)

Keep us informed of YOUR impressions of this weed-of-satans smell!!

>>Dear all;
Way back in Jan 1997, Rob McClure ( I believe)donated and
with the help of Mary Sizemore ?? arranged for a distribution of
small tubers of Helicodiceros musciverous. My old mail shows delivery
went to 15 in the US and a few more in other countries.
Last year I prompted some email as I unpotted my plant and
sent out a few small tubers. I repotted the biggest and kept it frost
free in a greenhouse.

I am expecting bloom for the first time. The very strangely
shaped 'bent-horn' of the tightly rolled spathe is emerging and about
8 inches long on top of the foliage.

Should I invite or warn my neighbors?

Also curious if any of the other 15++ have had bloom or the
others? Is mine the first to pop?

Best Jim W.

Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.