Re: largish (grapefrut) sized A. peonifolia?

  • Subject: Re: largish (grapefrut) sized A. peonifolia?
  • From: "Randall M. Story" <story@caltech.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:48:22 -0500 (CDT)

When is the season for fresh suran (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius tuber eaten
in India)?  I checked out one of the Indian neighborhoods in Los Angeles
(Pioneer Blvd. in Artesia) a couple months ago--all they had was canned.
Does anyone know whether other Asian markets (Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese)
ever carry it?  Do these ever have fresh A. konjac?  There are a lot more of
those markets (and they're a lot bigger) closer to me.

Pasadena, CA zone 10 (do they have a "zone" equivalent in Celsius??)