Re: Amorphophallus konjac, multiple buds

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus konjac, multiple buds
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" <petra@plantdelights.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:03:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Mitch, Hey Taylor...
I've been slicing and dicing Amorph. tubers so I'll say, go ahead and cut
that tuber into a few pieces, let it dry off for a few weeks and then plant
them all...each piece will form its own nice new tuber by the end of the
season; just make sure the pieces you cut are still large enough to support
this season's growth...if you leave the tuber alone, meaning with all
accessory buds attached and growing, chances are good that the one large
tuber will split apart and you'll have more, smaller tubers at the end of
the season.
Petra