Re: Suran in Australia

  • Subject: Re: Suran in Australia
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:31:14 -0500 (CDT)

Howdy All,

I've been wandering around the local Asian Grocery Stores (which stock
Indian groceries as well) and all I get is a rather blank look when I ask
about Suran.  None have ever heard of it.

Does anyone know if this is sold here in Australia?  It just may not be
here at all which is why they haven't heard of it.... or does anyone know
if it has a different name.  I would rather like to get Amorph paeonifolius
as I don't have it.  I had two little offsets given to me last winter but
they rotted out before they got a chance to grow (I think that sometimes
the littlest ones have the bigger problems, at least in my garden I have
found that).... so I would love to get some more.

Hopefully someone can tell me whether Suran is in Australia, and/or whether
it is sold under other names.  Any other interesting Aroids sold in
Australia for food purposes?

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Cyclamen, Crocus,
Cyrtanthus, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything
else that doesn't move!!!!!