Re: Philodendron identification question.

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron identification question.
  • From: Krzysztof Kozminski <kk@kozminski.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:44:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Clarence Hammer wrote:

> I have a Philodendron that was labelled pastazanum, with almost round leaves
> to about 1 1/2 feet , dark green with light green reverse, white midrib and
> main veins.  IS there a pastazanum?  The similarity in
> name to P. pastulatum made me wonder, but, like John S., I don't know what
> it looks like.

A good source to check the species' names is Mobot's Tropicos database

According to Tropicos, yes, there is P. pastazanum.  The word "pastulatum"
does not seem to occur on the web - none of search engines find it, so it
is a rather good bet that there is no P. pastulatum, unless it is a recent

"Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"

Krzysztof Kozminski