Philodendron identification question.

  • Subject: Philodendron identification question.
  • From: "Clarence Hammer" <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:07:56 -0500 (CDT)

I have a Philodendron that was labelled pastazanum, with almost round leaves
to about 1 1/2 feet , dark green with light green reverse, white midrib and
main veins.  IS there a pastazanum?  The similarity in
name to P. pastulatum made me wonder, but, like John S., I don't know what
it looks like.

Does anyone have parentage or any other info on a Philo hybrid 'Red  Wine'?

Syngonium--- anyone know whereabouts of 'Gordon's Favorite'?  Supposed to
have splatters of silver or
white, and is not the so-called 'Mottled Arrowhead' apparently.  Saw what I
think was 'Gordon's' back in late 70s but couldn't talk the nursery out of a
cut.  Every leaf on the plant had dots/splatters.  Haven't seen or heard of
since.

Thanks,
Russ Hammer