Re: [aroid-l] Aroid availability--"Big Island" hawaii

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Aroid availability--"Big Island" hawaii
  • From: Dan Levin levin@pixar.com
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:02:06 -0700

I personally don't know of any good aroid sources on big island
but if you haven't already done so, you should absolutely get in
touch with a guy named Andy over on Maui.  He has a very fine
nursery/ botanic garden called Tropical Gardens of Maui, located
on Iao Valley Rd. just past Wailuku.

He has many more aroids & rare plants (plus he's growing more native
Hawai'ian species lately) growing on his property than appear on the
web site and needless to say: available choices for the local market
are far greater than his exclusively bench grown export material.

Also- Andy's been around a long time and knows most of the local
players in the rare plant game so if you have a plant want-list, he'd be
an excellent place to start.  Besides all that, he's a really great guy!

(808) 244-3085

Best of luck to you,

 -Dan Levin
Piedmont, CA