[aroid-l] TitanWatch 4/21/03 is it or isn't it
- Subject: [aroid-l] TitanWatch 4/21/03 is it or isn't it
- From: "Craig Allen" firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:44:23 -0400
- Thread-index: AcMIV42Zn52Y3XQgEdeXbgABAurd5g==
- Thread-topic: TitanWatch 4/21/03 is it or isn't it
TitanWatch: the Amorphophallus titanum growth is now at 22" in height and it still hasn't shown the spadix, so it is only a guess that it is coming into bloom. The last blooming Titan Lily in 2001 had a visible spadix at 26". Then there was a 17 day countdown until it opened. The growth is growing quickly so it will not be long until we all know for sure.
For those interested, this year Mr. Stinky's tuber was 76 pounds when repotted this year. The last time Mr. Stinky bloomed he was 68 pounds and he produced a 6' 7" inflorescence. If this is going to be a bloom, what can we expect this time?
Craig M. Allen
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road
Coral Gables (Miami), FL 33156
Telephone: 305.667.1651, ext.3320