Re: [aroid-l] black Geogenanthus

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] black Geogenanthus
  • From: mossytrail@cs.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:50:48 -0400

Riley2362@aol.com wrote:

>Hi Tsuh Yang,
>Geogenanthus rhizanthus is probably the plant you mean, very dark in color
>and in the Commelinaceae Family, not an Aroid, from Ecuador, Peru and
>Colombia.

For a second there I thought you might have been providing an answer to onr of my puzzles, but then I read the South America part, and I guess not.  My web search on Geogenanthus showed a very different plant from the black Commelinaceae I saw on an island off Taiwan.  There is a picture of it at http://www.angelfire.com/wa/vagabond/travels/botel.html

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large