Re: [aroid-l] Dracunculus foliage

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dracunculus foliage
  • From: "Peter Boyce" boyce@pothos.demon.co.uk
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:08:14 +0200

Hi Jim

For a long time it was claimed that the heavily white-chevroned forms of
Dracunculus vulgaris were from Crete (there is even a variety cretensis,
recognized by Engler, for this leaf form). However, while it is true that
the vast majority of plants on Crete are so marked, the variegated form also
occurs in western Turkey and also crops up on other Aegea islands.