[aroid-l] Amorphophallus haematospadix

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus haematospadix
  • From: LMassey628@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:09:00 EDT

I discovered yesterday and my Amorphophallus haematospadix is blooming for
the first time.  It is in a six inch pot and the entire flower is eight
inches tall.
I read in the Amorphophallus issue of Aroideana that "it may take many years
before flowering size is reached", and the measurements seem to describe a
taller flower.  But the photo is the same.
Is my plant unusual for blooming at a younger age ?  Or smaller ?  Will it
get bigger every year ?