Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus hewittii seed for sale

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus hewittii seed for sale
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <peterboyce@myjaring.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:05:18 +0800

Hi Dave

Amorphophallus hewittii is the A. titanum of Borneo. It has a mature elaf to
3 m tall and 4 m across. The inflorescence can reach two meters tall.

The petiole is deep green with pale green, greay and steel blue markings.
The spathe is deep purple, the spadix appendix slightly darker still.

It needs warmth and humidity (minumum 16, better at 18 C) and light shade.

I will forward you a couple of images of the leaf and inflorescence.

Best wishes

Pete