[Aroid-l] Syngonium cultivar

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Syngonium cultivar
  • From: "Derek Burch" derek@horticulturist.com
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:03:30 -0400

Could anyone help with this question that I got and obviously have not been
able to answer). The email address for a direct reply is Jeffrey Wollock
[wollock@nativecouncil.com], or I can pass on an answer posted.

Thank you, Derek

I found your  Aroideana web page while trying -- unsuccessfully -- to
identify
a particular cultivar of syngonium podophyllum . Perhaps you can help me?
        Recently through a series of mishaps I lost a plant that I was very
fond of --
and I  had only one example of it. It was a syngonium but an unusual
variety, I
don't  recall having seen another, and I don't even remember where I  got
it, but
that was a long time ago anyway. I would very much like to replace it, but I
don't
know what it is called.
        It is very small, with narrow leaves between 2 and 3 inches in
length and
rather slow in growth. The stems are slender and absolutely non-vining. The
entire plant never got more than about 7" tall, although admittedly I kept
it in a
very small pot. The leaves have a solid, light pink to magenta center (no
white,
no bars) with a green margin.
       Thanking you in advance for any assistance you might be able to
provide, I
am
                Yours sincerely,
                Jeffrey Wollock