Re: [Aroid-l] Arum lily (reed) frog LINDA

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Arum lily (reed) frog LINDA
  • From: Ronmchatton@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:47:09 EDT

On the northern coast of California where I grew up, these plants thrive in full sun and are essentially wet from about the middle of October through March or April before the rains stop.  The only time they go dormant is after a sharp freeze and then only for a very short time and they start growing again.  Under these conditions large colonies are in flower most of the year.
In Atlanta we grew a number of species in full sun with ample water during the growing season and they never failed to flower.  Plants not grown in essentially full sun would rarely produce flowers.
Ron McHatton
Aroid-l mailing list