[Aroid-l] Mr Merkel

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Mr Merkel
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:48:21 -0400

I just got some very sad news. Mr Merkel passed away yesterday he was 94 years old. I remember visiting his small nursery many times on my florida trips. It was always a pleasure to stop in and see him. He took extremely good care of his plants and had sold me many of the plants that now make up my collection today. Each time he would take me through his collection and show me what he had been propagating and selling. I seemed to have a good eye for his mother plants or plants he was not willing to sell. But I always left with a box full of new aroids and plants. I will miss the visits and the talks as well as his booth at the aroid show.
Aroid-l mailing list