Re: [Aroid-l] Amorph. titanum seedling dormancy

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorph. titanum seedling dormancy
  • From: "Scott Hyndman" hyndman@aroid.org
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 19:01:29 +0500

What is your night temperature?  As you probably know, physiologically the
night temperature has probably more of an influence on the growth of tropical
plants like Amorphophallus titanum than the day temperature does.

Are these seedlings from the seed that Troy of Bali Orchid Garden offered
last year?  I planted some of his second batch of seed in late summer and
they are still actively growing with their second growth cycle leaves and
some with their third growth cycle of leaves; no dormancy yet.  I have kept
the seedlings at a night temperature of 75 F (24 C) and a day temperature of
75 F to 90 F (32 C) in a greenhouse here in South Florida.

Good growing,  Scott

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:59:28 -0400, Ken Mosher wrote