RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium x Marie?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium x Marie?
  • From: "Nock, Marie" mnock@mdc.edu
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:32:04 -0500

Michael,
It was because of the rich color, that may not have remained through propagation from seed, that my husband put Anthurium Marie in tissue culture.  We grow ours under 30% shade screen and they are very dark.  The new leaf comes out bright green but darkens as it hardens off.  If you'd like, I'll send you a picture.
Marie