[Aroid-l] Philodendron barryi(i?)?

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Philodendron barryi(i?)?
  • From: Steve Marak samarak@gizmoworks.com
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 21:04:01 -0600 (CST)

I was asked about this - does it exist?

The spelling as passed to me was Philodendron barryii, but the person who asked
me checked both Tropicos and IPNI and didn't find that name, nor did I, nor
anything that looked close enough to cause confusion.

I did find an old reference in Aroid-L archives to that species being listed by
a seller in Brazil, and I've found a picture online with that label, but that's
it. I was sure, however, that I knew the group who could answer the question.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com
Aroid-l mailing list