Re: [Aroid-l] Natural Hybrid/ Alocasia cucullata (Lour) G. Don

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Natural Hybrid/ Alocasia cucullata (Lour) G. Don
  • From: "Alistair Hay" <ajmhay@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:36:23 +1000

I agree with Peter on this though I don't see much sign of A. macrorrhizos in A. cucullata: it  is very likely close to odora and possibly a cultigen and sport from it.

I have seen what seemed to be an intermediate clone (between odora and cucullata) in a taro germ plasm collection in Hanoi which was rather similar to the plant under discussion here.