Re: [Aroid-l] Symplocarpus foetidus

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Symplocarpus foetidus
  • From: "Daniel Devor" <plantguy@zoominternet.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:47:28 -0400

Hi Peter,

Well, the U.S. variant grows wild all over the woods behind my house by the spring-fed streams, but they are all in active growth now of course as this is a very early plant. If you would like to trade for something this fal I could dig one up for you. Of course, you can buy these from either Janis Ruksans in Latvia or Leonid Bondarenko in Lithuania as they have them available....the influorescence on the ones from these European sources is quite different looking than the ones in my back yard, but I believe that S. foetidus is the only species here in the U.S. I have never personally detected any smell from this "Skunk cabbage", but perhaps I sniff to late :o)

If you would like one you can e-mail me personally at: plantguy@zoominternet.net

Best of luck getting one,

Gibsonia, PA
zone 6a and it is going to snow again tomorrow...UGH!!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Baumfarn Webmaster" <webmaster@baumfarn.at>